Wednesday, November 25, 2009

NFL Blog Post

I haven't posted in a while but I will be blogging more in the future. Just some NFL notes I want to talk about. First, it is not surprising to me that Vince Young is now 4-0 this year as the starting quarterback for the Tennessee Titans. I do not understand why everyone thinks he will not be a good starting quarterback. He has a strong, accurate arm and can also scramble away from pressure and make accurate throws on the run. I really like this kid because he is a winner. His record as a starter is 22-11 with the 20-17 win on Monday Night Football against the Houston Texans. He might not ever throw for the most touchdown passes or have the best quarterback rating, but the fact is that he is a winner. When the New York Jets had the 4th overall pick in the NFL Draft in 2006, I wanted them to try and draft Vince Young instead of D'Brickashaw Ferguson. With Vince Young as the starting quarterback, the Titans' backfield of Young and Chris Johnson is the most dynamic in the league. At 4-6, I think the Titans now have an outside shot at making the playoffs. They would have to go 10-0 or 9-1 to get into the playoffs. With mediocre teams such as the Ravens, Dolphins, Jaguars, and Broncos in front of them, Vince Young and the Titans have a good shot.

In other news, Kerry Rhodes might be getting benched in favor of Eric Smith, according to reports. I know Rhodes isn't having the best of years, but behind Darrelle Revis he is arguably their best defensive player. Also, he got signed to a contract extension a couple years ago. The Jets are not going to make the playoffs so I think they have to be patient and try and help him fix what is wrong.

My Power Rankings:
1) New Orleans Saints
2) Indianapolis Colts
3) Minnesota Vikings
4) New England Patriots
5) San Diego Chargers.

Tom Butto

1 comment:

  1. Sports Online Betting is a nice online interface gaming that extracts learning and information.

    ReplyDelete